Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Pistoless Pete
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Wheelgun Chronicles
 Pistoless Pete
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Evan
Administrator

34688 Posts

Posted - January 31 2020 :  2:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the DOE flights after 9/11, we were all armed and the overhead bins were full of loaded M4's. We had a designated Air Marshal and we used to rag him incessantly. Our pilot was Ex Delta-force not airline and told us he could fly the 737 inverted until we had cut the fools throat. We landed at a small commercial airport and the "leaders" told us to unload the guns right in front of the public and we cleared the entire airport in about 30 seconds!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1968 Posts

Posted - February 01 2020 :  11:24:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha! I bet!

Safest airport in the nation, that day.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5773 Posts

Posted - February 02 2020 :  09:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of my pig hunting buddies spent some time on an island guarding airplanes and airmen. Coming home, they had their weapons--M16's and sidearms--with them, apparently unloaded but loaded mags on their person. The TSA wouldn't let them on board one flight with any pocket knives or other blades--one had to break a nail file off of a money clip before they would let him keep it--but the guns were OK.

I know there are good, diligent, intelligent, hard working TSA folks out there, but then there are some who have earned the sobriquet 'Too Stupid for Arby's'. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1968 Posts

Posted - February 02 2020 :  12:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace, reminds me of a scene I witnessed in the aftermath of 9/11, when the military was still doing airport security missions. A column of Guardsmen was going through a metal detector to enter the sterile side, and as each approached, they would remove their web gear and rifle, and pass it around the outside of the frame to a man on the other side. They would then go through the detector, and collect their weapon and gear back from the man they handed it to.

You canít make this stuff up.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5773 Posts

Posted - February 02 2020 :  2:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And we are all so much safer.... Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3718 Posts

Posted - February 02 2020 :  2:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Driver

Ace, reminds me of a scene I witnessed in the aftermath of 9/11, when the military was still doing airport security missions. A column of Guardsmen was going through a metal detector to enter the sterile side, and as each approached, they would remove their web gear and rifle, and pass it around the outside of the frame to a man on the other side. They would then go through the detector, and collect their weapon and gear back from the man they handed it to.

You canít make this stuff up.

I suppose "protocol" must be followed... but why the heck were uniformed/armed NG personnel even required to go through a metal detector?

Paralysis by analysis?

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

revjen45
Advanced Member

2348 Posts

Posted - February 06 2020 :  4:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Due to back pain my house carry is a 5-shot snubbie. Since I'm retired and hardly ever leave the house I don't have anybody out to get me, and I can reach better stuff if needed. I don't feel poorly armed with a .357 revolver.

Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat.
Go to Top of Page

JWM

206 Posts

Posted - February 13 2020 :  9:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iíve slowly noticed that since I retired from active LE work three and half years ago, that my daily carry is revolvers. That Glock 17 seems to be gathering a lot of dust sitting in the back of my gun safe. Life travels in circles.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - February 14 2020 :  08:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can still picture in my mind the SW 38 Spl my father purchased for my mother, for her and our protection, after he had to be taken to a sanatorium in Ashville N C, in the late 40's for tuberculosis. He wanted her to be able to protect us kids and herself. She had to use it shortly after he was taken away. A local drunk tried to take advantage of her because he knew dad was away. She shot the window out just above his head (I don't recommend this) and told him the next one would be between his eyes, if he did not leave. She said he stumbled backwards, fell off the front porch, and got up and said "_____ woman will shoot you," then left never to return.

Local neighbor and family friend who purchased the revolver for my father, heard the noise and came to see if mom was ok. He reported it to the Sheriff the next morning, and he came and helped mom replace the glass in the door, then asked her if she wanted to press charges.

Revolvers have remained my friend as well. I have neuropathy in my hands and wrist and arthritis, so I am back to a 7 shot Taurus snubbie revolver myself. Last night I went to a men's Bible study at my church and carried the revolver in my off hand pocket and a SW MP 9C2.0 IWB. Felt well protected should I be forced to defend myself. The revolver rides in my pocket all the time, JWM.

Edited to add: I also was with my father, trot-lining on the Liken River, in eastern KY, when he used that same revolver to protect us from being robbed while camping in a tent in 1961.

We used Ice to keep food cool and went to a local store to replenish our ice. Some thugs overheard dad telling the store owner what we were doing, and where we were camping. Big mistake!

Later that evening the 3 thugs gave us a visit. One got out of the truck and he had a tire iron, and another a ball bat, the third was the mouth and told dad, and his best friend Lewis Froge, they were there to take what they wanted. Lewis has eased into a small thicket close by our camp and had a pump shotgun, and racked the slide at the same time dad brought the 38 out from inside his boot. I was 13 at the time, and it scared me fiercely.

Needless to say they apologized and left us alone. I learned young what the revolvers and guns were for. I was too young to remember my mom's experience but this one brought it home to me. Dad always told us kids, that the Police, most times, only arrived to clean up the mess and our safety was our responsibility. IMO, he was very wise.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on February 14 2020 09:04:00 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.23seconds. Snitz Forums 2000