Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Trip Carry guns
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 Trip Carry guns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5203 Posts

Posted - March 30 2018 :  9:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malcolm, when will you be in Kansas, and what part? Maybe I could buy you an RC or something. If an e-mail will go through here, good. If not, feel free to reach me at batt@doglegs.com (but keep it secret from anybody not part of our group here). Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5124 Posts

Posted - March 30 2018 :  9:57:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For many years the travel guns have been a Glock 19 and a S&W 642. I'm sure everyone here can fill in the blanks on why those two choices.

If I take a long gun, the primary requirement is that it must penetrate vehicle bodies well. I figure if I have to haul the long gun out of the trunk there will most likely be other vehicles in the immediate vicinity. I'd prefer those vehicles be concealment, rather than cover.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

834 Posts

Posted - March 31 2018 :  01:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My road trip gear includes the usual G-26 IWB, a S&W 442 in my pants pocket and a 638 on my ankle. I also keep a G-19 in a fanny pack with several extra mags in it. The fanny pack has a NIKON patch on the front. I also bring a KelTec SU-16C in a tennis racket bag with a half dozen of the evil, high-cap mags. Sometimes I substitute my KelTec PLR-16 for the SU-16C. The wife brings her 642 and a KelTec P-3AT.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4073 Posts

Posted - March 31 2018 :  9:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I’m hoping to “retrieve” my K-T SU16b from my son on this trip. Hopefully, that will happen this go around.
Ace, Johnson County-Olathe to be precise. I’ll send you an email from my comcast address.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.28seconds. Snitz Forums 2000