Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - BLM in schools
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 BLM in schools
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4575 Posts

Posted - February 13 2018 :  11:52:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

quote:
Originally posted by gw

want to have fun, try explaining slavery to BLM members that somehow think they have been wronged by slavery?

Lemme see if I can do that... "BLM member, do you know that if it wasn't for slavery you'd be running around in some African country that President Trump so adequately described... wearing a loin cloth, and trying to outrun lions, warloards, communist dictators, other tribes, and criminal gangs... and just hoping when you went down to the river to get the water that didn't flow through the pipes that weren't connected to your house, that you hoped a croc or a hippo wouldn't kill you?"

"OTOH, now you get Food Stamps, Section 8 housing, affirmative action hiring for Gov't jobs, and the right to tell your fellow Americans just how much they oppress you".

Seems like things really suck for you here. Wanna go back to Africa?

Chris, I've been trying out what you suggested, and I've gotta say, it's not working out all that well... You'd be amazed at how some people take offense at a simple statement of the obvious...

It's not like I'm wanting to insult anybody, but boy, they really seem to take it that way... I thought that maybe saying 'go back to Wakanda' (from the new Black Panther movie) might be better than 'back to Africa', but that seems to make 'em even madder...

What am I doing wrong?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on February 13 2018 11:53:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3029 Posts

Posted - February 13 2018 :  1:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LB,
I think you're attempting to use reasoned, logical, thought on those who refuse to accept reasoned & logical thought.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4575 Posts

Posted - February 13 2018 :  2:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

LB,
I think you're attempting to use reasoned, logical, thought on those who refuse to accept reasoned & logical thought.

Logic?.... reason?

You tryin' to oppress me, man?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3029 Posts

Posted - February 13 2018 :  2:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a thought here... but... Eric Holder, then the Attorney General of the United States... the top law enforcement officer in the country...was asked about allegations that the Black Panthers were intimidating voters at poling places in Philadelphia during the elections, and whether he was going to pursue charges for these Federal Law violations...

I don't remember his exact statement as to why he was not going to pursue charges.... but I do DISTINCTLY remember him brushing the charges off and using the phrase "my people".

Draw from that what you will.

Apparently there are two standards of justice... among some...that depends upon the degree of pigmentation in one's skin. I have seen it.

I have also not seen it from some people with large amounts of pigmentation.

I guess my point is that some seem tribal, and some seem American. If we could all get them thinking as Americans, life would be good. But, some tribalism still exists.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.

Edited by - Chris Christian on February 13 2018 2:25:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4575 Posts

Posted - February 13 2018 :  6:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indeed! The Bush Justice Dept had begun prosecuting the Panthers, Holder stopped it; and made his telling comment about “my people”.

Imagine if the situation had been reversed, and it was White thugs carrying clubs who prevented Black people from voting! Holder would have gone after them with everything he had.

A lawyer named J. Christian Adams, who resigned from the Holder Justice Dept, wrote a book called Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department; which does what the title indicates. I haven’t read it, but it’s gotten good reviews.

Then there were Holder’s lies regarding what he knew about the ‘Fast’n’Furious’ debacle, that ended up with hundreds of weapons in the hands of Mexican drug cartels, and one Border Patrol agent murdered with one of them. When Holder refused to honor the Congressional subpoena demanding his emails— which would show that he’d lied to Congress— he was convicted of Contempt of Congress; but then pardoned with a questionable claim of Executive Privilege by another one of his people, President B. Hussein Obama.

IIRC, 96% of Blacks voted for Obama the first time around, over 90% the second. That’s pretty darn tribal! I don’t know of any other group that votes so consistently for “their own”. If Whites voted like that, no non-White would ever get elected!

Holder has recently expressed his interest in running for President....

Edited by - LittleBill on February 13 2018 6:48:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4088 Posts

Posted - February 13 2018 :  7:35:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if Eric Holder becomes President...dig in

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page