Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - got one
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The 1911
 got one
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ajt

USA
245 Posts

Posted - January 10 2018 :  09:50:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russ, Cheaper than Dirt had 8 rd Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags on sale the other day in a net ad. I think they may have been $18+ but were under $20 each. I've had good luck with them and I prefer them over the MecGars, which I really like, due to their flat base plate. I have mainly MecGars anti-friction mags as I like the MecGars price - always can find them for less than $20. "Bud's" usually has very good prices on MecGar mags, and Quick shipping. Its hard to beat a .45 with good mags that hits where you point it!
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3148 Posts

Posted - January 10 2018 :  12:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gw

learning disability

Learning disability? I don't think so. It's more a well-reasoned personal choice decision based upon 46-years of experience with the 1911 (including over 50,000 rounds fired as a U.S. Navy Team pistol shooter), and countless observations as a Range Officer.

I've seen far too many failures to properly activate via shooter's grip, or failures to properly function, with the 1911 grip safety.

I'll pass... whether for personal defense, or competition.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.

Edited by - Chris Christian on January 10 2018 12:17:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4210 Posts

Posted - January 10 2018 :  3:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are folks with 46 years of experiance, and there are folks with 1 year of experiance 46 times

I agree that untrained personel are better off with a more idiot proof system

there are long and exhausting arguements on the internet about the 1911, most are poorly informed

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3148 Posts

Posted - January 10 2018 :  4:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gw

there are folks with 46 years of experiance, and there are folks with 1 year of experiance 46 times

I agree that untrained personel are better off with a more idiot proof system

there are long and exhausting arguements on the internet about the 1911, most are poorly informed

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm glad that this forum has such a Wise Guru in you. It would seem that everybody else... or maybe just a large percentage of them... is incorrect. But, Thank God we have you to correct us all.

Please keep up your incredibly insightful and vastly suprior knowledge. Us poor... unwashed... and ill-informed... peons depend upon it to get through our miserable days in our humble existence.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4210 Posts

Posted - January 10 2018 :  5:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you're welcome

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

BatteryOaksBilly

USA
175 Posts

Posted - January 10 2018 :  5:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heh,Heh,Heh,Heh...........so THERE!!!!!

Billy Bruton..Carry every step..Shoot every day!
Go to Top of Page

zeke
Average Member

263 Posts

Posted - January 10 2018 :  7:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Believe I got one of the first versions of the SA milspec 1911-A1, about 25 years ago. Serial # NM1435xx. If memory holds, one of the first 1911 manufactures to have slightly larger 3 dot sites and slightly lowered ejection port on standard 45 and sell it relatively inexpensively. It has held up fairly well, with minor modifications like extended slide release, flat mainspring housing, tighter barrel bushing and recut muzzle crown. Extended the leade in barrel to accommodate 255 lrnfp's. It is the first 1911 purchased and am not planning on getting rid of it. The slide to frame fit is still tight. While not an excellent 1911 trigger, WAY BETTER THAN A GLOCK.

Have a preference for the standard SA 7 round mags, they have always worked for me and like the follower design.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000