Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Happy Independence Day
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Happy Independence Day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5716 Posts

Posted - July 04 2021 :  8:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Independence Day and personal respects to the fellow patriots on this forum. Other than some background fireworks it's very quiet around here this year. Normally the family gets together and celebrates but this year several are out at the Army's Fort Leonard Wood, MO where our new Marine grandson is having a ball in Motor T training. A new PFC, he chuckles at being saluted and called "Sir" by the Army recruits in basic training there.

Three more of us are "laid up sorry" (as my Eastern KY mother-in-law used to say) and not quite up for the seven hour drive out there.

This country has its problems, but the pendulum may be about to swing back if we hold strong. We're still the greates nation that has ever existed on the face of this earth.

God bless you all!

Jeff

jle3030

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1185 Posts

Posted - July 05 2021 :  10:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear there are others who are counting on the swing of the pendulum. Unless this nation is composed of a majority of "progressive" idiots, I look and hope for a significant swing of the pendulum in the next congressional election.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3824 Posts

Posted - July 05 2021 :  10:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do believe the pendulum will swing in the 2022 elections. Even some Democrats are upset over what's coming out of the Biden administration.
But.. the hard core left is not going to be happy. If you think antifa & BLM are a PITA now.... wait until the Republicans control both houses of Congress and put the brakes on Biden and Cackling Kammy.
Prepare for increased unrest.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5716 Posts

Posted - July 05 2021 :  5:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I expect things to come to a head at some point. Historically, divisions as deep as we now have are seldom if ever settled without violence. We are already seeing the criminal, civil and political violence from the minority side. What has not yet evolved is the counter violence.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1521 Posts

Posted - July 13 2021 :  8:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a different note Provo Utah says they have the largest 4th of July parade west of the Mississippi and for the past 29 years I've helped as a Ham radio operator organizing and assisting in the parade. This year wasn't even close to the largest as far as entries( around 100 entries), but it had a very large portion of military vehicles. One guy owns a M18 that he normally drives in the parade, but this year he kept it on the transporter. Normally I get to mingle with the floats and people but I was assigned to "shadow" the guy who handles the balloons.So I did see the whole parade start to finish. I'm not sure if I will do a three day event like this year. Saturday they had "Stadium of Fire" with Lee Greenwood and a few other performers I've volunteered with our County Sheriffs department in emergency communications and traffic control for special events and disasters fires, foods, mudslides and other such things. We keep people from walking through the drop zone where the fireworks and sometimes unexploded portions come down. It never fails that people come in on the west side of the football stadium and leave on the east and demand to go through the area before it's cleared. Then Sunday they had a patriotic speaker talk about the Constitution and had a choir made up from people from Idaho, Utah, Texas, Arizona and California. My daughter is in the orchestra so we had vip tickets to that, then Monday morning was the parade. I've decided that my 18 year old mind needs to talk to my 70 year old body. I came home from the parade and slept for 24 hours. Oh well I'll be recovered (I hope) by next year. Only bad thing was my cousin who is more like a brother to me lost his wife to breast cancer after finding out about it 3 months ago. I just wish we lived closer. My thinking is we also need to celebrate the good and remember why we fought for our independence. There is more than enough bad in the world today. Anyone who doesn't think that we are in the last days needs to read their scriptures again. When the day comes that we have more people who don't believe in God then we will see far worse things. Just remember the outcome has been written about for millenia, satan just can't read.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.09seconds. Snitz Forums 2000