Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Chest rigs.
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Chest rigs.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pip

USA
224 Posts

Posted - June 10 2021 :  12:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chest rigs????
Pros & Cons?
Thanks...Pip

Russ Larges

USA
2492 Posts

Posted - June 10 2021 :  06:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I rather like mine from Simply Rugged. I have holsters for my lcrx 3" and my 625-8. I loaned it to my son for a fishing trip out west so he can carry his 1911 above his waders.
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper
Go to Top of Page

smoky14
Average Member

250 Posts

Posted - June 10 2021 :  08:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carry my GP100 on the trail in a chest rig. The weight off set for the back pack is a welcome relief. Surprised by the number of hikers who donít even see it.
Smoky
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5716 Posts

Posted - June 10 2021 :  11:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have a compatible gun, I've found the old M7 military shoulder holster with chest strap works well. Modern reproductions can be found online for only about $40. The gun rides comfortably on or a bit below the left chest. There is some controversy as which shoulder the primary strap should go over. Some say it should go diagonal tanker style over the right shoulder; others prefer left shoulder carry with the chest strap to stabilize. As a Navy dental officer I took my cue from the Marines in Vietnam and adopted the left shoulder arrangement.

I find this holster, with the 1911 pistol, to be one of my favorite woods walking rigs. If I'm travelling light the Colt Woodsman also fits just fine. A P'08 Luger also fits, so I imagine the Ruger .22 autos would also be compatible.

In the winter the setup works well under a heavy coat zipped up far enough to hide the chest strap. It's more accessible than a conventional underarm shoulder holster or buried strong hip belt holster. Of course there's always the snubby revolver in the coat pocket. Which is primary and which is backup would depend on time and circumstances.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

BobM77
Advanced Member

USA
1462 Posts

Posted - June 10 2021 :  8:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iíve used the Hillpeople Gear kit bags since they came out. Iíve worn them running, rucking, hunting, and hiking. They hold the pistol securely and distribute the weight well
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.09seconds. Snitz Forums 2000