StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - RIA 1911 9mm?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The 1911
 RIA 1911 9mm?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5993 Posts

Posted - May 14 2021 :  7:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe, just possibly, might have a chance to pick up a Rock Island Armory 1911-style in 9mm for Daddy Day. Seem to vaguely recall some discussion about 1911's in that caliber, but can't remember details. So, should I do it if it becomes an option? Or run away screaming?

Back when I worked at the shop, we sold several in .45, and all the customers had good reports--not fancy, but serviceable and functional. But don't know about the smaller caliber. Youtube and googly are available, but I trust people here more.

Thanks in advance. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?

billmc

557 Posts

Posted - May 15 2021 :  12:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any first hand experience with them. Anything I'd tell you would be repeating someone else, so I won't. I will say they do also have one in .380 ACP. Proportionally, their .380 firearm is to the original 1911 as the .380 ACP cartridge is to the .45 ACP cartridge.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5993 Posts

Posted - June 08 2021 :  05:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, nothing here dissuaded me, so now I am the proud owner of a 'RIA 1911 A1 cal 9mm Pistol', as it says on the sticker. Was looking at their basic model, with the tiny sights and left-side safety switch, then found one with better sights and ambidextrous safety for $10 less money. The sights have been appropriately colored--yellow front, orange rear--so maybe I can see them when I get to the range, and if things go as planned, I'll burn up some of my stash on Wednesday. IF things go well, next will be deciding on a carry load, some remedial training of muscle memory--gotta remember the safety--find some spare magazines, then I'll be ready to face the Mongol hordes with six fewer rounds than the XD (or maybe carry the XD, too, in case more is needed).

It might be good to once again be equipped with the finest combat handgun platform ever designed, even if it is such a little caliber. Heck, I might even just throw away those plastic guns and the ones with that round thing in the middle of the frame. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000