Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Driveway Alarm
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 Driveway Alarm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - May 13 2021 :  1:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been several months since we installed our driveway alarm. Turns out we really like it. Took a while to get accustomed to the chime, but it has turned out to be a real asset. Our dog has even learned to go look out when it goes off.

It goes off every time someone comes into the drive. I located the magnetic sensor in the middle of the driveway and the wireless transmitter in a tree beside the drive. Painted the transmitter box grey to match the tree trunks. There are trees and a fence keeps people on the drive until they get past it.

After an uninvited guest, that was ransacking unlocked vehicles in driveways around here, just 2 nights before Christmas this year, we got the alarm.

It just went off and the Mail Man just brought a package, and put it in our package box up close to our house. Our drive is 325' long. By the way I think we caught a Porch Pirate, a couple months ago, as he entered just after the Fed X dropped a package of medicine on our front porch. I went out and he was startled, then he stammered around and asked who lived here, which was a ruse, IMO. We have never had that to happen in 35 years that we lived here.

There are advantages and disadvantages, but we are well satisfied with our alarm. Cost me 245.00 from Amazon.

Pop Pop
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.24seconds. Snitz Forums 2000