StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Whatcha carrying now?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Whatcha carrying now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34728 Posts

Posted - October 02 2020 :  2:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last entries here were the end of June so What are you carrying these days?

Me? I've got a Jerry Mickluk S&W stainless N frame revolver with 5" barrel in .45 ACP. It has a bobbed hammer and a 7.5 lb da pull.It is simply more accurate than I am. It is carried in a Simply Rugged left handed iwb holster and backed up by a J frame .357 snub in a Simply Rugger own holster. I'm embarrassed that I didn't know about SR gear years ago. I've worn the N Frame in the SR iwb holster for 16+ hrs and it is comfortable though I'll never forget I have an N frame on me.SR makes superb full moon clip carriers too.

I've also got an AR pistol my grandson, DJW, put together for me. 8'5" barrel, LAW folding stock, Primary Arms red dot, etc. With the stock folded it fits in a large 5.11 messenger bag and since it is registered as a pistol I can carry it anywhere my cpl is recognized.

Anyway, the N frame is loaded with original Cor Bon DPX and the snub with some old Cor Bon .38 Spec 158 gr lead hp +P+ that breaks 1,000 fps from the 2" barrel. The AR is loaded with Fed tactical soft point in my 30 rnd Magpuls while the 20 rnd Magpuls carry green tip penetrating ammo.

Oh, I don't step into puddles I can't see the bottom of!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5819 Posts

Posted - October 02 2020 :  5:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been going 'Two Gun Pete' for a while, with a XD on one side and a Speed Six on the other--sides change depending on which pants I'm wearing (I keep a pair of jeans and a pair of slacks all belted up, rather than keep changing back and forth). Of course, there's the little .38 in the pants pocket.
Although a few days ago, Momma hemmed up some Midway-brand 'tacticool' pants, and I found out the pockets are deep enough to pocket-carry the Speed Six, so been doing that the last week or so.
Ammo is Gold Dot 124gr in the XD, Remington Golden Saber 125gr in the Speed Six. Speed loaders have either more Golden Sabers, or Gold Dot Short Barrel .357's, depending on which one I grab.

Yeah, deep puddles are good to avoid. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2461 Posts

Posted - October 02 2020 :  6:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have gone the other way and my EDC is the Ruger LCRx 3". I had been carrying a 642 but the lcrx feels better to me and in my world I don't se the need for more. It is carried in a simply rugged owb or a Don Hume H715 iwb. I load 158 lhp+p in it. I like the bigger grip and adj. sights. This is a big step from the G19 I carried for many years.
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper
Go to Top of Page

BobM77
Advanced Member

USA
1462 Posts

Posted - October 07 2020 :  8:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
M&P40 2.0C. I also have one in 9mm but I can use practice ammunition from work in it or my issue M&P40. Airweight in the pocket. Sometimes I add another M&P. Iím going on camping/hunting trip soon and Iíll add a 300 BO pistol with the LAW adapter and a 22 pistol w/can, for squirrels and such.
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
883 Posts

Posted - October 08 2020 :  12:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It depends, but if I'm wearing lighter, more casual clothing and headed to the grocery store in warm, sunny weather, most of the time it's a Model 642 loaded with the Buffalo Bore standard pressure .38 Special 158 grain LHP load. For most of the year, if it's going to only be one gun, it's a Model 649 loaded with the Barnes .357 Magnum 125 grain TAC-XPD loading.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

fiasconva
Average Member

USA
285 Posts

Posted - October 08 2020 :  3:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same old, same old. Hope the M&P9 with an extra mag will be enough sometimes.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - October 08 2020 :  6:59:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a XDs after my back surgery because carrying a full size XD on ether side was too much. Now 2 years past surgery, I still can't carry or or two full size guns like I used to as my back pain has come back when I overdo it. I really need to loose 20+ pounds and I'd feel better and probably be able to carry what I used to.

ďIf for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34728 Posts

Posted - October 08 2020 :  7:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My grandson, DJW, traded me a factory nickel Model 28 for a spare AR I had. Need another Simply rugged, iwb holster for it!

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5819 Posts

Posted - October 08 2020 :  7:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd figure a 'spare AR' would be like 'spare money'--no such thing, but sharable (is that a word?) with somebody if they're important enough and they need it. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34728 Posts

Posted - October 08 2020 :  7:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was his first AR and he wanted it back and its still in the family.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Tom-R2
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - October 11 2020 :  10:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm mostly carrying either my Glock 23c (with 357SIG barrel) or a 1911 Commander in 45acp.
Go to Top of Page

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
461 Posts

Posted - October 12 2020 :  06:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty much the same for me. Glock 19, S&W 442 and on occasion a Glock 48 instead of the 19.

I also procured a very nice PSA AR9 pistol with an 8" barrel. Perfect for camping trips and I can legally carry it loaded inside a car in PA because it's a pistol. Same mags as my G19, so what's not to love? Ok, that one is really not a carry gun but I just had to mention it. :)
Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2461 Posts

Posted - October 12 2020 :  7:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evan, now you have done it again, every time you trade guns you get me wanting one like you got. It's just not fair. I had a .45 acp revolver once but it was the only handgun I owned and it got traded for a carry gun when I started to carry full time. I was happy as a clam up to now. What do I have to trade off, that is the question. I have a few bucks saved up, but these guns are expensive. Oh well, funding a new gun is fun to.
Russ

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34728 Posts

Posted - October 12 2020 :  9:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't want to sell it but we can get to get together and you can shoot it.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2461 Posts

Posted - October 15 2020 :  06:57:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

I don't want to sell it but we can get to get together and you can shoot it.

A great idea. My time is used up pretty close just now as my wife is starting chemo next week, we hope.
I will get with you when things settle down.
Russ

Go to Top of Page

heavyweight

USA
863 Posts

Posted - October 15 2020 :  10:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LCR in .38 and LC9S. The LC9S is stoked with HST 150 gr. micro.
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34728 Posts

Posted - October 15 2020 :  12:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, I don't say this with anticipation or enthusiasm but we're in the time of two guns and a rifle. Like Thomas Paine I'm willing to deal with extreme violence in my grandchildren can live in peace!

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - October 15 2020 :  2:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm carrying the same M&P 9C with a 17 round mag in the gun and a spare on the belt that I have carried for the last 13 years, with Speer Gold Dot 124 +P. Familiarity doesn't breed contempt. I also shoot that gun, with my normal under-a-tee-shirt carry mode, every few months in a local IDPA match. Works for me. I also sometimes tuck my Taurus View .38 SPL (11 oz loaded) into my weak hand front pocket: depends where I'm traveling. If things get really bad, and I have to travel, there's an AR or two and a 9mm Ruger PCC available that can be included.... also a 12 gauge.

I'm not a big Gun Of The Month kinda guy. If it's worked for 13 years, and works today, I see no need to change.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

johns961

USA
68 Posts

Posted - October 16 2020 :  05:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Current carry is a Glock 19 Gen 3 filled with HST's. Keeping it simple. And it works perfectly.

John!
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1983 Posts

Posted - October 17 2020 :  3:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My only change has been the addition of OC as part of my everyday carry. I didnít have a credible less-lethal alternative, so that gives me something, now.

If the laws were different here, I might consider adding an AR pistol to the mix for the added capability, but thatís verboten.
Go to Top of Page

BobM77
Advanced Member

USA
1462 Posts

Posted - October 17 2020 :  9:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Driver

My only change has been the addition of OC as part of my everyday carry. I didnít have a credible less-lethal alternative, so that gives me something, now.

If the laws were different here, I might consider adding an AR pistol to the mix for the added capability, but thatís verboten.

Iím trying to be more diligent about remembering to carry OC myself.
Go to Top of Page

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
461 Posts

Posted - October 18 2020 :  09:00:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Driver

Ten Driver, It's illegal to carry a loaded long gun in your car in PA. My way around that is to carry either an AR9, 8" pistol or a 10.5" AR15 pistol. That way it can either be loaded or have the ability to load it immediately (loaded mags with gun) and still remain legal.

I don't know if that helps you in your state but I thought I would mention it. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

garrettwc
Advanced Member

1033 Posts

Posted - October 18 2020 :  7:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see the forum back online! Between the general craziness of the summer, and the fact that two local gangs are at war, I have moved my compact gun to a backup role. My primary is currently a G17. I generally follow Farnam's law and avoid the 3S's but I just feel better with a full size pistol.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
Teddy Roosevelt - San Francisco, CA, May 13, 1903
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5523 Posts

Posted - October 18 2020 :  10:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On duty: Glock 17 ( issued) loaded with Critical Duty 135+P, personal S&W model 60 .38 snub loaded with my stash of Nyclads.
Off duty tends to be my S&W 642 or Ruger LC9S in pocket, with S&W .45 Shield in waist. Seems the Shield carries well and shoots great for me. A Shotgun rides in each vehicle with a bag of trauma stuff & ammo.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

BatteryOaksBilly

USA
221 Posts

Posted - October 19 2020 :  1:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As per the Marshall Doctrine..always 2. Right front pocket Sig 365 SAS with 13 rounds of Lehigh [Phillips Screw Drivers]. Back pocket Ruger LCP with Underwood 100s at 1,000 fps. Only outside the Gates about 4 hours a day but never without 2.

Billy Bruton..Carry every step..Shoot every day!
Go to Top of Page

esq_stu

USA
920 Posts

Posted - October 19 2020 :  11:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mostly a Glock 33 357 Sig, 25 cent trigger job, night sights, generally with a +1 mag extension to provide a place for my pinky and Cor-Bon DPX. When concealment is less of an issue, Glock 32.

Kol Tuv (All the best!)

-- esq_stu

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.92seconds. Snitz Forums 2000