StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - A good Boy Scout!
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stopping Power
 Stopping Power
 A good Boy Scout!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34728 Posts

Posted - September 30 2020 :  1:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before the quarantine hit I bought-a case of .38 +p jhps, a case of .38 range ammo, a case of .223 ball, a case of Fed Tactical .223 soft point and rediscovered a 1/2 can of green tip. Currently, ammo is very difficult to find or rivaling the cost precious gems when found!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

oldmuleskinner

970 Posts

Posted - October 02 2020 :  12:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is great to have you back with us. You have been missed!

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
883 Posts

Posted - October 02 2020 :  11:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While at a church conference in Missouri, quite a few of us made a stop or two at a local gun shop that has a fairly significant online presence and found decent quantities of Blazer Brass in .380. 9mm and 10mm with some of the .40 S&W Syntech loading all at pre-craze prices. They also had some Prvi 5.56 at reasonable prices too.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34728 Posts

Posted - October 03 2020 :  11:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a 1,000 rnds of Fiocchi fmj for just a hair over $400. My AR's like it just fine!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5819 Posts

Posted - October 03 2020 :  3:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buddy and I stopped at a LGS, they had some Korean-mfg AR mags for $10.95. So far, my Franken-AR has worked well with every make of mag tried in it. If the Korean ones work as well as the better-name ones, I'll be going back to grab some more. If they don't, there will be a garage sale one of these days....
I still have some cheap aluminum Russkie plinking ammo, so I'll run some through the new mags. If they work as hoped, they'll get loaded up with 55gr Soft Points and be put up ready for the revolution. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
883 Posts

Posted - October 07 2020 :  11:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate Fiocchi for their attention to manufacturing ammunition for some of the odd caliber firearms that would otherwise gather dust in our collective gun safes. Some of their products from years ago were on the lower end of the quality scale, but the stuff they've been offering more recently has been good and reliable.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1983 Posts

Posted - October 17 2020 :  2:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always had good luck with Fiocchi, and found that they loaded their ammo on the hotter sideóno weakling FMJ that just dribbles out the end of the barrel!
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5523 Posts

Posted - October 18 2020 :  10:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been slowly buying 00Buck & .22 CCI Mini Mags ammo, and a box of 30-30 ammo on a weekly basis. I'm a simple "deer hunter" and draw no attention. All dried up now.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000