Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - shirt carry
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 shirt carry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1258 Posts

Posted - December 30 2019 :  2:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found some shirts that have Velcro for closing on the upper pockets. My little Kel-Tec.32 fits just nice. Being stuck in a wheelchair it doesn't print and is easy to get to. I know the 32 isn't the best but better then nothing. I have a coupla jack ass rigs that I'm gonna try my heavier pistols in. I do a lot of medical visits...Bill

Bill D

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3682 Posts

Posted - December 30 2019 :  3:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any gun is better than none. Having it with you, where you can quickly access it --- Priceless!

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5578 Posts

Posted - December 31 2019 :  08:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the "Oh Crap!!" moment of surprise when the little gun appears out of nowhere is an underappreciated factor. Possibly resulting in a No Shoot solution.

This time of year my more capable primary gun is probably buried under a sweater under an warmer outer garment. The small gun in the coat pocket becomes the de facto primary. I generally opt for a snubbie revolver, but will admit to sometimes appreciating a small .380, depending on the garment.

Having run the two options on the timer, the issue might well be settled with the coat pocket gun before I can get the buried bigger gun into action. And that's a potential life or death difference.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3682 Posts

Posted - December 31 2019 :  08:48:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jle3030

I think the "Oh Crap!!" moment of surprise when the little gun appears out of nowhere is an underappreciated factor. Possibly resulting in a No Shoot solution.

This time of year my more capable primary gun is probably buried under a sweater under an warmer outer garment. The small gun in the coat pocket becomes the de facto primary. I generally opt for a snubbie revolver, but will admit to sometimes appreciating a small .380, depending on the garment.

Having run the two options on the timer, the issue might well be settled with the coat pocket gun before I can get the buried bigger gun into action. And that's a potential life or death difference.

Jeff

+1. Nothing says "I'm inside your OODA Loop" quite like a small gun appearing magically, and suddenly pointing at tender parts. I'm a big fan of a hammerless snubby in the weak side pants pocket.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34636 Posts

Posted - December 31 2019 :  6:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me too!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5487 Posts

Posted - December 31 2019 :  7:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've carried my K/T .32 in a breast/chest pocket as a 3rd gun in my uniform shirt when I was on graveyards alone on patrol. But I also stepped out with my pump shotgun for every call I could from alarm calls to finding doors left open at a local business.

Anything beats nothing but I'm personally fond of my 5 shot snubbie as a quick backup gun.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1258 Posts

Posted - January 01 2020 :  12:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The shirt pocket variant works well when driving and you have a seat belt on. Also in the wheelchair...Better then nothing. Happy New Year to all. Bill

Bill D
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.09seconds. Snitz Forums 2000