Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Manny Kapelsohn
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Cop Corner
 Manny Kapelsohn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34603 Posts

Posted - November 11 2019 :  1:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is an old friend and a superb instructor The last time we were in PA visiting our youngest daughter and her family Manny stopped by and we visited. He continues to be actively involved with training coppers and I found what I had suspected to be true was. They are getting killed for the same dumb reason they were in the 70's.

I never expected folks to remember my name and have no desire to be famous, but fully 80% of what advocated did not require additional purchases but rather being aware and alert to your surroundings, securing prisoners and searching them thoroughly

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5704 Posts

Posted - November 11 2019 :  5:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'...searching them thoroughly.' Unlike the guy getting booked in, and when he was told to put his belongings on the counter, one of the 'belongings' was a .38 derringer he pulled from his sock; or the busty gal who had a knife under her boobs, which was found during the book-in process---after the book-in officer asked her if she had anything else to turn in.

I'm glad there are still some 'old guys' still trying to teach young pups the right way to do it. Wish there were more of them. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34603 Posts

Posted - November 11 2019 :  7:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took a Colt Python that was concealed by overly ample breasts. Was told but let the matron remove a loaded Colt Cobra from a sidewalk princess' vagina.

When I went after a gun a whore stuffed in her shorts I felt I should have got the Medal of Valor!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5704 Posts

Posted - November 11 2019 :  8:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So many jokes not suitable for here..... Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
868 Posts

Posted - November 18 2019 :  01:21:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any kind of handheld device or gloves that use a powerful magnet that an officer could use to aid in the detection of hidden knives, guns or other weapons a perp may be carrying?

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5704 Posts

Posted - November 18 2019 :  3:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kind of semi-seriously along that line, but isn't technology advanced enough to install little metal detectors into the palm and finger area of gloves, and a light or audio signal when metal is detected? For one thing, that could save embarrassment and maybe prevent lawsuits if a male officer needs to search a female suspect and vice-versa.

And if one of you starts marketing such gloves, I demand a royalty. Ace

Go to Top of Page

Craig
Advanced Member

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - November 22 2019 :  5:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And there are ceramic knives, etc.,out there as well as the easily made sharpened "plastic" shanks of various sorts that wouldn't disrupt an electrical field for a typical wand type detector.
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9845 Posts

Posted - November 23 2019 :  1:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like Manny. He was in a class I helped Tom Givens teach in Ohio last year - I've corresponded with him over the years but never met him - seems a really good guy!

Jim H.

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000