Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - .45 Shield
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 .45 Shield
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34583 Posts

Posted - November 04 2019 :  8:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the more I shoot it the better like it. Loaded with Rem GS 185 gr jhp and it works fine.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5465 Posts

Posted - November 04 2019 :  9:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel the same way. Handy size, reliable, accurate, and for a big bore the recoil is not bad at all. It's carried more off duty than any other pistol I own.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Redheeler
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - November 05 2019 :  5:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep,I love mine. I too, use GS 185. Iíve got to make a correction about mine. I said I put a Talon grip on mine(like skateboard tape) but after getting moved and finally getting it back out of the safe, I found it was my .40 that had the Talon grip as the .45 doues have a very aggressive grip already. Sorry for the confusion.
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34583 Posts

Posted - November 05 2019 :  6:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a problem

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1244 Posts

Posted - November 06 2019 :  2:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the 1970's I used to reload 185gr Remington Copper clad SWC .45 for use in my Colt 1911 at close to !000fps...Was a flat shooting round..I am happy to read that REM GS 185GR JHP is available. Gonna run down the store and get some...Thanks Evan

Bill D
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34583 Posts

Posted - November 06 2019 :  4:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I buy mine from SG Ammo. Cheaper even with the postage

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5465 Posts

Posted - November 14 2019 :  9:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to find a good leather belt holster for my .45 Shield. Any Suggestions folks?

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

USA
202 Posts

Posted - November 15 2019 :  04:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arvinator
I need to find a good leather belt holster ....
Like you, I am partial to a good leather holster, but it's hard to find many desired holsters today. So many sizes and shapes and configurations of semi-autos offered that there seems to be a shortage of holsters specifically designed for them. Thanks to age, crappy health, and impaired mobility and loss of strength and grip, I couldn't work the slides on most of my semi-autos, so over the past year I have sold them. I had a good leather holster for my .45 Shield, but when I sold it, I let the holster go with it. I don't remember the brand.

I'm trying to find a proper-fit holster designed for my Ruger 3" LCRx .357 and also a decent belt holster form my Smith & Wesson SW22 .22 LR. Also a good belt holster for a full-size Ruger Security 9. I have an open-top concealment holster for my Security 9 Compact, but want a good leather belt holster for the others.

Best of luck finding something good in leather.

'840'

Yes, I too have my semi-autos, but folks need to credit the serious versatility of a good revolver with a serviceable load.
Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2418 Posts

Posted - November 15 2019 :  07:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
840, I have a 3" also and when I carry it I use a Simply Rugged holster. I will say it seems to be a big piece of leather but it is very well made I like it.
I just checked the Ruger site and it had a Mitch Roson made holster for the 3" for 74.00 the S.R. is 60.00 bucks, money is a factor for me. The M.R. did look somewhat smaller overall, for what that's worth.
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper

Edited by - Russ Larges on November 15 2019 11:39:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

USA
202 Posts

Posted - November 15 2019 :  8:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russ, I appreciate the reply. I have to watch my spending budget as well and the SR Holster site has two or three holsters that I've been looking for at a reasonable price. A good looking product in my favorite holster material ... LEATHER! Time to do some Christmas shopping for myself.

'840'

Yes, I too have my semi-autos, but folks need to credit the serious versatility of a good revolver with a serviceable load.

Edited by - 840 on November 15 2019 9:00:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.19seconds. Snitz Forums 2000