Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Second gun anniversary
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 Second gun anniversary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34559 Posts

Posted - October 02 2019 :  2:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lost track, but September 28th was the 50th anniversary for me carrying two guns daily. Current combo is a Smith .45 Shied and a .357 snub. I highly highly recommend this policy!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Redheeler
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - October 02 2019 :  6:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The practice seems to have served you well Evan. May you have many more.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5663 Posts

Posted - October 02 2019 :  7:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TOM story: For some reason, this post brought to mind a time when I had plenty of BUGs. Qualification day, so I had a bunch of guns to shoot. Afterwards, some of us decided to head to the courthouse to observe the trial of a victim of his upbringing that we all had an interest in. That day, I was on my motorsickle, which didn't have very secure storage; so I decided, instead of having a buddy keep my guns in his car, I'd just carry them. As I recall, I had my duty gun in the off-duty holster, the bail-out .44 Redhawk in a shoulder holster, the coat pocket Speed Six in a jacket pocket, the back-up S&W 669 tucked in the belt in front (that was back when the belly wasn't...uh...protruding so much), and a 1911 .45 tucked in the belt on the left side. It so happened, when we got there, the DA who was prosecuting was glad to have 'plain clothes' cops in the courtroom. He asked 'Are you all armed?', then he looked at me and said 'As if I need to ask.' Little did he know....

Nowadays, thanks to Evan's prompting, pretty much everyday there's one on the belt, one in the pocket. Sometimes there are two on the belt, plus the pocket. Hopefully it's all just wasted extra weight. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

heavyweight

USA
848 Posts

Posted - October 03 2019 :  11:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On duty: M&P .40 2.0 compact strong side. Smith 637 weak side.

Off duty cool weather: Twin .38 LCRs in Bianchi Mod 5 (Black Widow) on each side.
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5455 Posts

Posted - October 03 2019 :  9:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only 30 years for me. 45 Shield & 642 snub as I type this

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly