StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Federal 9mm BPLE Sealed?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stopping Power
 Test Bed
 Federal 9mm BPLE Sealed?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CW2 Ralph Long
Average Member

USA
401 Posts

Posted - March 02 2019 :  10:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CW2 Ralph Long's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I recently read a comment by a customer of a "ammo for sale" website that he wished Federal had thought to seal the primers of the BPLE. I think he based his belief that they are not sealed on the fact that there is not a blue or red ring around the primers of Federal pistol rounds like those of Speer or Remington.

Over a year back I wrote to say I'd recovered a S&W 3904 magazine from the mud at one of my farm gates. It had been lost from a cargo pocket, at least a year prior. Six rounds of Federal BPLE 9mm were also dug from the ground. The magazine and contents had been run over and driven into the mud for over a year till it was partially disassembled; only a corner of the red follower was visible. All the "pieces" were cleaned up, the mag assembled & five rounds loaded into the it. The magazine was inserted into the pistol and fired. Amazingly all performed as if new. Today I found the sixth recovered round in the back of my desk drawer. I thought to get the chronograph down from its shelf and went out to my little range. This BPLE round was pretty corroded looking on the outside, but its velocity from my Glock 19 was recorded at 1305 fps. I haven't contacted Federal, but I'm satisfied by my "real world" experience that the round is properly protected.

“If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed;
if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may
come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”

Winston Churchill
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000