StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Magpul's dual QD slings?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Precision Battle Rifle
 Magpul's dual QD slings?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2722 Posts

Posted - March 02 2019 :  2:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New to me, the "MS4 QDM Sling" part # MAG953 ($79.95) & "MS4 Dual QD Sling GEN2" part #MAG518 ($59.95) have quick detach swivels and are setup so you can switch between single point or two point configurations.

Anyone familiar with them? I canít tell what the difference between them are other than price but Iíve only seen them online.

Saw them mentioned in online discussion about pump shotguns, one slick idea was having it stored detached from gun, either in home defense or squad car (equipped with both AR & shotgun) so they could thrown sling on in hurray like shoulder rig and then attach if sling needed. With the squad car sling was kept looped over passenger headrest and grabbed en route.

Was also some discussion about two point slings causing some issues with running action on pump guns in some configurations.

Deputy25

USA
967 Posts

Posted - March 02 2019 :  6:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our issue 870s all have two point slings. No problems.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Go to Top of Page

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2722 Posts

Posted - March 03 2019 :  1:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy25

Our issue 870s all have two point slings. No problems.

I never had a problem with my Win 1300 either, but I believe they were referencing some type of weapon light on firearm or dedicated forearm with light like Surefire's causing issue for some people.
Go to Top of Page

WR Moore

USA
946 Posts

Posted - March 05 2019 :  6:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The single point sling was mandated for us. Never liked them. If you have to search & cuff, there's absolutely nothing you can do with a single point to help you. Except making it easy to hang on the cover person.

Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures, there is a hole, an empty place and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen. Peggy Noonan

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.03seconds. Snitz Forums 2000