Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - 9/11 Anniversary
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 9/11 Anniversary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5356 Posts

Posted - September 09 2018 :  9:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure nothing will happen. I'm sure this thread is a waste of time, but "What if?". What plans will you have for the "Just in case" things go south rather quickly?

Tomorrow, I'll take the wife to lunch and gas up my pickup to make sure it's full of gas. A stop at local Sam's Club for a few bulk/dry food items we normally get and tomorrow is a great time to go.
I've got to take the wife's car for service on the 11th, but it's in a small town 25 miles away and I'll have the regular stuff in the car and I'll be ok as long as I can get to the car first.
Same guns, same stuff but making sure the gas jugs are full and groceries are bought.

I hate to think how 20 determined terrorist might hit 4 different towns/cities across America instead of planes as they did in 2001. While I hope & Pray all goes quiet we as Americans must always stay vigilant & alert. As a certified LEO for my Sheriff's Dept even assigned to the jail I owe my job the responsibility to be ready "Just in case"....

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
430 Posts

Posted - September 09 2018 :  9:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good advice and it always pays to be prepared.

One of the Dave in PA family sayings is to "always make sure your bags are packed". That mostly applies to our faith, but can also apply to the skills/mindset/tools that we all carry with us everyday.

A short sidetrack here but...my wife and I often speak of "The List". The List is unfortunately a rather short list, but a list of those who we want to be near when bad things happen. I strongly suspect that most members here are on The List. And that's the best compliment I can offer.
Go to Top of Page

Barry in IN

USA
649 Posts

Posted - September 09 2018 :  9:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ll try to give a warning to people as this date approaches each year, along with Christmas. It has gone from “Not a bad idea” for a year or so after, to “What? Why? Did you hear something?” for the last several. Only a couple have said they had thought or done anything about it. I guess I should be glad there are that many.

Or my name ain't Nathan Arizona!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.03seconds. Snitz Forums 2000