Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Canned hamburger at Walmart
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 Canned hamburger at Walmart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2702 Posts

Posted - July 27 2018 :  3:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is new to me, no idea how long theyíve had it.

I donít recall exact price but it was close to buying regular raw ground beef.

Got one can to try last grocery trip.

Itís over a pound per can, used it in tacos and hot dish.

Going start slowly stock up on it, figure itís good for car or home kits.

I have esbit and alcohol stoves for the cars, with this canned burger combined with pasta/rice/hamburger helper/Cajun box mix have regular type meals can make easily with those stoves.

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5426 Posts

Posted - July 27 2018 :  8:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the grocery section? I'd like to try it--maybe put it in a taco salad for a church dinner, use the bro's and sis's as guinea pigs.

Just a thought, but I had the privilege of going through Hurricane Camille a generation or so ago. Brought home a can of the ~200mph wind. Never did open it, afraid of what might happen. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?

Edited by - Ace on July 27 2018 8:13:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5243 Posts

Posted - July 27 2018 :  9:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any idea what the shelf life is?

(For the burger.... not the Camille; which, being a woman, we all know is totally unpredictable...)

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on July 27 2018 9:04:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2702 Posts

Posted - July 28 2018 :  12:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes in grocery section of Walmart that has full grocery store and deli, It was in same section as canned chicken IIRC.

I donít remember expiration date, but it shouldnít be any different than canned chicken or tuna.
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

868 Posts

Posted - July 28 2018 :  02:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have canned lots of meat in the past. Venison, pork, pork sausage, chicken, beef, walrus, salmon and hamburger. The hamburger is great...the flavor reminds me of the Hormel Roast Beef hash that I used to eat on Boy Scout camping trips. USDA has tested canned meats (in glass jars), that were 40 years old and still very good in taste and nutritionally.

I don't think that the same would be true for meats, or anything else, that comes in a can. I'll have to try some of the Walmart canned burger.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000