Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - H&K VP-9
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 H&K VP-9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frogfoot

USA
843 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  12:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my church brethren recently picked up an H&K VP9 and when he took it to the range, the thing was a complete jam-o-matic. H&K? Yes. I think he said something like about every four rounds, it would jam up, leaving the fired round in the chamber and/or not stripping the next round out of the magazine. He first contacted the retailer with indeterminate results, but what the service representative at H&K told him was what really astounded me. He told him that he'd have to fire 500-600 rounds of NATO spec ammunition through it and then it should be okay. Really?

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1396 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  02:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine has never had a problem, I did shoot about that many rounds, but it was aluminum blaser stuff, at training course. All I've ever done to it was lube it with frog lube it's my favorite 9 I'm even thinking about getting a subcompact VP9SK. As we all know every manufacturer can make a lemon. But I'd buy some NATO powerd ammo and see if it made any difference.
Makes me wonder if the extractor is the problem I had a Taurus 40 that would extract the case, but the fired case would then do a 180 and try to feed backwards,at the same time that the magazine was trying to feed the next round. When they replaced the extractor and worked on it to get it adjusted it's worked without any other problems.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland

Edited by - bandaidman on July 09 2018 02:19:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

ASCTLC

675 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  08:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife's VP9 has been flawless from the very first round shooting my reloads (FMJ, brass, full power, but not NATO level power). So I too would test it with a NATO level powered cartridge as the manufacturer and bandaidman suggest while you figure out the next step if that doesn't have any better results.
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1799 Posts

Posted - July 12 2018 :  01:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Important question: Does it do the same thing when another shooter fires it?
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
843 Posts

Posted - July 14 2018 :  12:18:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ten Driver, that's an excellent question and one that we had considered but not tried yet, at least with this particular pistol. Some years ago while out shooting with friends, we had this exact situation arise when one shooter inadvertently managed to get a Glock to fail with every single shot he fired. Function was perfect with myself and the pistol's owner, but every time that one shooter tried it, there was a stoppage which left us figuratively scratching our heads.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9620 Posts

Posted - July 17 2018 :  08:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen a few of these on the range. With one exception they seem to work pretty good. The one exception was in a recent class I helped out with and it was just one or two stoppages (in a class replete with close to 100 stoppages - I even say a Sig 226 choke and that is pretty rare).

Ammo seems to be getting worse, especially in the cheap range ammo lines. I don't think it is all the guns' fault.

I do wonder if your friend tried different ammo and if he swapped out mags?

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.05seconds. Snitz Forums 2000