StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Prayer request well maybe?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Prayer request well maybe?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1418 Posts

Posted - July 05 2018 :  7:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got back from the Neurosurgeon's office, the Nurse Practitioner kind of scared my wife when he said that 1 out of 10 can hurt as bad or worse than before, and it can be as good as completely pain free on the one end to hurting worse on the other. I told her if someone gave me 9 out of 10 odds of winning the lottery I'd jump at the chance. He looked at the MRI and said " your back is a mess"
So I got a couple of x-ray's of my back standing, leaning backwards and forwards, and now waiting for a nerve conduction study on both legs... THEN I am on the wait list for cancellations, or November 15th which ever comes first. So I guess I pack my bags figure out how I"m going to sleep since I won't be able to get up off the floor where I now sleep as I can't bend, lift or turn for 3 months and it won't be completely healed for 6 months.
So I guess What I am asking for is to keep me in your thoughts, and I'll try and send an e-mail once I find out when surgery will be. The thing they are worried about is my L5 S1 joint is the worst but the rest of my lumbar vertebrae disks are bulging and could potentially need fixation. hmm what was Rudy's last name on the six million dollar man?

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland

Evan
Administrator

34370 Posts

Posted - July 05 2018 :  7:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5297 Posts

Posted - July 05 2018 :  7:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This could be a long haul. Extended Release prayers up! Keep us posted!

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

ajt
Average Member

USA
286 Posts

Posted - July 05 2018 :  7:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
prayers up for you. It is a long road.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5183 Posts

Posted - July 05 2018 :  8:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for you, brother. Please do keep us updated.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page

silverback

USA
108 Posts

Posted - July 05 2018 :  10:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will keep you in my prayers
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

864 Posts

Posted - July 06 2018 :  01:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry, Prayers for you as well. I prayed for your doctors as well, but none of them are the Master Healer. God Bless

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1083 Posts

Posted - July 06 2018 :  05:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have my prayers as well as my intense interest since I suffer from the same spinal issues. Have endured RFA and laser treatments which yielded only temporary relief. Seeing a new doc in a few weeks..
Go to Top of Page

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - July 06 2018 :  07:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers up for you. Just take it easy. Had the back ops still chugging along. Bill

Bill D
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - July 06 2018 :  08:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an episode about 4 months ago. My lower back was so bad I had to hold to the wall railing to get from my bed to my lazy boy 50 ft from my bed. I made an appointment with my Neuro DR. By accident I found relief. I told my wife I was having so much trouble getting out of the bed I was going to sleep in my electric recline lazy boy. The chair takes pressure off my spine and one sleeps in a semi sitting position. In 5 days my pain subsided. Now I sleep, in our bed, with 3 pillows under my head, with one supporting my shoulders, and another 4th one under my knees which puts me in a semi sitting position. I figure whatever works.

Prayer for you this morning and I will keep you in mind. Hope you eventually get some relief bandaidman.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Richard B

USA
193 Posts

Posted - July 06 2018 :  11:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bandaidman, I will remember you in my prayers. They did not warn us when we were young about future problems with the spine and the knees and how to take care of them. Of course the old men I knew were pretty stoic about their illnesses.

Pop Pop, In addition to some back relief I found out one can sleep sort of upright in a big chair and not need the CPAP for snoring. I don't know how long this work around will last, but the Mrs will certainly advise me when it no longer works.

Richard B

Don't take life so serious son, it ain't nohow permanent. Miz Beaver in Pogo
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
730 Posts

Posted - July 06 2018 :  1:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers ongoing.

Rick
Go to Top of Page

rev.

974 Posts

Posted - July 06 2018 :  1:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been said that no one can say; "I know how you feel" because they are not you! Only you know how you feel. But I think I have a general idea. I finally had my back fixed a year and a half ago with a fusion on L4-5 with two rods and four screws holding it all together. It took a year for it to really heal but only took a few months to be up and about but the pain was gone immediately. It had felt like I had a low level electric current running down both legs, it was horrible. I still have nephropathy in both feet but that's just a nuisance thing. I'd say if surgery is available, go for it! I'll be 80 in Nov. and looking to have a hip replacement as soon as the Cardiologist clears me, so prayers up for you and me.
God bless,
rev.

Edited by - rev. on July 06 2018 1:53:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5395 Posts

Posted - July 06 2018 :  5:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayer up, more for later. I useta laugh at people who had 'back problems', figured most of them were goldbricking. Then the Good Lord allowed it to happen to me. Lesson learned. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

WR Moore

USA
923 Posts

Posted - July 08 2018 :  09:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a spine injury many years ago and it wasn't as bad as yours. That said, the neuro doc told me to put a 3/4 inch sheet of plywood under my side of a firm mattress. A neighbor did the deed, I couldn't, but it did the trick so far as support goes. For the first week, I'd rouse from a drug stupor, VERY gently roll sideways and lever myself standing and shuffle to the bathroom then return. You might ask your doc about that. Worked for me.

Best wishes and sympathy, looking at surgery (not back). I'm so thrilled

Edited by - WR Moore on July 08 2018 09:11:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3362 Posts

Posted - July 08 2018 :  1:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers up. I never had back surgery... but did have cervical spine at age 49.

At 65 I was doing things I couldn't do at 49. Sometimes these things work well. I hope for the best for you.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

tsa45

USA
147 Posts

Posted - July 08 2018 :  7:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers up with more to follow. Please keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  10:05:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayed for you this morning. God Bless with relief.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5297 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  12:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have nagging lower back and neck issues. Nowhere near needing surgery though. Physical therapy is doing next to nothing. NSAIDS are out due to diabetic related kidney effects. What experience have you spinal disorder veterans had with chiropractors?

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

rev.

974 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  3:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Felt good walking out their door, but back to where I was by the time I got home.
rev.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  3:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been 3 times with no relief, but it really felt good getting my back and neck popped. My wife has been for several chiropractic treatments, recently, and has not been effective. She is now in Physical Therapy which is helping her as long as she does the stretches they gave her to do at home. She is not real attentive to that, until the aggravation comes back, then she starts stretches again. Go figure!

Give it a try. What have you got to loose? The stretching, the physical therapist gave her, relieves my wife's pain in her upper shoulders. I can also pull outward, on her leg several times, and it relieves her lower back and hip pain. You might try some of the stretching Jeff. Therapist said the leg stretching relieves the compression in her lower back.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  3:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been 3 times with no relief, but it really felt good getting my back and neck popped. My wife has been for several chiropractic treatments, recently, and has not been effective. She is now in Physical Therapy which is helping her as long as she does the stretches they gave her to do at home. She is not real attentive to that, until the aggravation comes back, then she starts stretches again. Go figure!

Give it a try. What have you got to loose? The stretching, the physical therapist gave her, relieves my wife's pain in her upper shoulders. I can also pull outward, on her leg several times, and it relieves her lower back and hip pain. You might try some of the stretching Jeff. Therapist said the leg stretching relieves the compression in her lower back.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1418 Posts

Posted - July 11 2018 :  7:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well prayer works, since I asked you guys to pray for me I've had less pain than the month prior. One thing that helped with compression was an inversion table cost just under 100.00 and I'd be on it more often but I have a foot that I messed up years ago when I slipped on the ice. Both feet went out from under me and my right hand caught the bumper on my Yukon and my right foot landed tippy toe first, that put a massive strain on all the muscles between my ankle and toes. It's called a "Lesfranc" injury named after the surgeon who found the muscles and as the story goes during the Napoleonic wars when the cavalry was knocked off their horses but not out of their saddles it broke those bones causing extreme pain. When I don't wear a shoe with some support I can't stand to be inverted for more than a minute (pun intended) I have found 5 minutes works best for me.
I get a nerve conduction test this Friday to see if fixing my back will improve the foot numbness and pain in both legs. While I would love to not have numb feet and burning when I walk the feeling of being in a Texas chainsaw movie every time I try to walk or stand up is getting old. I can't stand up long enough to shoot anything, typing in a regular chair is about the same, I have a computer chair that will tip back and relieve the pain for about 45 minutes then I go lay down again.
Here is a snipit of my MRI results L1-2 disc degeneration, same with L2-3 disk in addition to broad disc bulge, L3-4 mild bulge, L4-5 severe spinal stenosis, L5-S 1 spondylolisthesis or in lay terms my L5 vertebrae has slipped forward on my spinal column. Or as as the neuro guy said "your back is a mess" this is condensed from two pages.
I am a firm believer of the power of prayer, I have seen real miracles on the sick take place and I truly appreciate you and your prayers for myself, and feel it a pleasure and honor to do the same. To be truthful I try to include all those of this group in my prayers. I don't know of any of the forum members who during their lives be it military, law enforcement, medical, dental, social work, church or any number of service oriented professions haven't put themselves out to help their fellow man/woman. That is what makes this group so special. I'll keep you posted as to what's next on the agenda.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

864 Posts

Posted - July 11 2018 :  9:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers continue for you Terry.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5183 Posts

Posted - July 11 2018 :  10:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers continuing!

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - July 16 2018 :  06:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayed for you this morning. Thankful for some improvement. Yes I believe prayer works, and the Bible says the prayers of a faithful man can avail much. My prayer for you is, "May God bless you today with continued healing Terry."

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on July 16 2018 2:25:08 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.19seconds. Snitz Forums 2000