Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Home Invasion
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Home Invasion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gw
Advanced Member

4385 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  09:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there was a home invasion near here Mothers day

suspect had been arrested for aggravated assault and kidnapping 2 days prior

released on bond Saturday, he kicked in the door of a private residence at 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning with a knife.

the occupants, injured in the struggle, eventually shot and killed their attacker

local DA says bonding out a kiddnapping suspect is normal, they bond murder suspects all the time

his only question now is if he's going to charge the homeowner for the shooting....

lock your doors, you're on your own.....

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3300 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  10:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do they have elections in that neck of the woods?

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5262 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  10:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I be astonished, but not surprised at the same time? Is there an SYG law for the survivors to fall back on?

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4385 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  10:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, stand your ground comes in

I think the homeowner is safe enough, unless there's something the public don't know

his lawyer fees are another thing

I think the the DAs revelation that the county is normally full of dangerous felons out on bail is a wake up for alot of folks....

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3300 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  10:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds to me that an opponent in the next election could easily make a VERY STRONG campaign issue out of this.

Even considering charging a man inside his home with shooting someone who kicked down his door at 2:00 AM and assaulted him with a knife... a couple days after being released on bail while charged with two violent felonies... is a pretty stupid thing for a sitting DA to admit to.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

fiasconva

USA
225 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  3:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Makes you wonder if this so-called prosecutor is a political appointee or an elected official. With all the pc junk going on it's getting harder and harder to see which way the wind is blowing on situations like this.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  4:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as the Repubs stay in office, in TN, we are in good shape because they have stated they intend for us Tennesseans are able to protect ourselves from violent attack, and can use self defense to protect ourselves. Nashville's previous mayor had to resign because she was having an extramarital affair, with her body guard (Metro Officer) and the one in now (Democrat) Briley has already stated, the day after the Waffle House shooting, what we need is more gun control.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  4:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as the Repubs stay in office, in TN, we are in good shape because they have stated they intend for us Tennesseans too be able to lawfully protect ourselves from violent attack, and can use self defense to protect ourselves. Nashville's previous mayor had to resign because she was having an extramarital affair, with her body guard (Metro Officer) and the one in now (Democrat) Briley has already stated, the day after the Waffle House shooting, what we need is more gun control.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on May 16 2018 4:52:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

ironhead7544
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  06:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the reason I have a dog. Early warning system. Back in the 70ties, I had a burglary while I was asleep in the house. The back sliding door was left unlocked.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  07:39:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our old dog was a barker and she did the same as yours ironhead. Our new one, that we were not going to purchase, is not a barker and we can't depend on her. I have hardened our entrance doors and lit the outside of our home well, but full well know if someone is determined they can gain entry. My hope is they will make considerable noise if/when they attempt entry. I just hope, if that takes place, my sweetie or I will be up to the task at hand. We both have bedroom protection close by. I keep mine on me at all times, and on the nightstand when in bed. Really sad we have the need to do that.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  07:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last time I edited the site did a double post so I will just put this here. Our neighborhood watch has a web site that we can all go too and see what is happening in our community. They are constantly advising people to lock their homes, cars, outbuildings, and RV because we have experienced a rash of people rummaging through cars and other outbuildings and stealing stuff. Almost every night there is another post someone is missing lawn equipment or other things people normally leave in a car. One post was someone lost their Glock 19 out of an unlocked auto. I say, just how stupid was that? I can't believe someone would leave a loaded Glock, in an unlocked car, in their driveway over night.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  07:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last time I edited the site did a double post so I will just put this here. Our neighborhood watch has a web site that we can all go too and see what is happening in our community. They are constantly advising people to lock their homes, cars, outbuildings, and RV because we have experienced a rash of people rummaging through cars and other outbuildings and stealing stuff. Almost every night there is another post someone is missing lawn equipment or other things people normally leave in a car. One post was someone lost their Glock 19 out of an unlocked auto. I say, just how stupid was that? I can't believe someone would leave a loaded Glock, in an unlocked car, in their driveway over night.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34359 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  12:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, look at England so see whats waiting for us!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3300 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  12:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

I want a bigger knife!

Chris Christian
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
916 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  12:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even if they take the guns one can improvise. Even a sharp pointed stick is better than nothing. I do prefer the tools we have now.

I agree with Evan, but I hope I don't see it in my lifetime. I feel sorry for my grandkids.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5262 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  2:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pop Pop

Even if they take the guns one can improvise. Even a sharp pointed stick is better than nothing. I do prefer the tools we have now.

I agree with Evan, but I hope I don't see it in my lifetime. I feel sorry for my grandkids.

A month or so ago, didn't a woman defend against a home invasion by shooting a perp in the gut with a crossbow?

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5356 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  3:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once Trump leaves office, we can expect the nonsense Evan mentioned. If I have to use a axe handle or a home made spear, I'll do that. For now a few of my home security measures are:

Lucy-Dog who is a barker. Cannot always depend on that, even good dogs leave us folks. Alarm/motion lights/cameras are ok, but stuff can fail us. I so like the storm/security doors in addition to deadbolts on the doors to offer a few seconds but if a home invader wants to invade, they gonna invade. As I type this, I have my S&W snub with CT laser grips in a pocket, my well used still pretty sharp 4 inch Cold Steel tanto folder clipped in my other front pocket, and my .45 S&W Shield shoved in my waist band. Other handguns & 2 pump shotguns are "Out of sight but in my mind" and out when home, secured in the very heavy safe when away.

I keep flashlights scattered with my little Coast that rides in my pocket the cold steel is clipped in. I know a determined criminal will attack day or night so we have to be prepared either way. One person I know says he only gets his handgun out at night " In case of a burglar". That's his choice, and his consequences.

A unlocked door is useless.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3300 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  3:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My doors are dead bolt locked even when I'm in the house. Noise will be required to make entry. And I am a very light sleeper... with another secure door to my bedroom.

I have no children, or other people, in my house. So, various firearms are positioned at points that mean I am never more than 12 feet from one... much closer than that in my bedroom, where there are four loaded & ready.

As Mr. T used to say on that TV show (I think it was the A Team)... "I pity the poor fool..."

Chris Christian
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3300 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  3:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jle3030

quote:
Originally posted by Pop Pop

A month or so ago, didn't a woman defend against a home invasion by shooting a perp in the gut with a crossbow?

Jeff

I hope that's true! It would be so totally Cooool

Chris Christian
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5101 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  4:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

I hope you’re wrong! I hope seeing what’s happening in England serves as a wakeup call, and not a foretaste of the future...

Unlike England, guns played such an important part in the winning and settling of our country, not all that long ago...

Seems likely that in the short term, America will continue to be almost equally divided: between those who understand guns to be “the teeth of liberty”, vs. those nanny-state ignoramuses who see them as obsolete and dangerous.

The future of gun rights may depend on how successful we are in educating upcoming generations about life’s realities.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on May 17 2018 4:08:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1415 Posts

Posted - May 18 2018 :  06:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All we have to do is have those in America who want gun control move to England and those in England who wish to protect themselves with guns move here. two real benefits of that would be that those same people also want socialized medicine, and most of criminals would want to move to England as well so we would both be better off right?

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000