Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Double shoulder holster
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 Double shoulder holster
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - April 24 2018 :  05:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only real shoulder holster I use is a Bianchi X15 for my 8 3/8" model 29 that I used for hunting. The reason I'm bringing this up in the first place is that my back isn't letting me carry much if anything inside or outside of my belt. However before my latest setback I could carry IF I did by carrying one on ether side as the weight balances causing less stress on my disk's.( kudos to Evan )
I am currently looking at Craft Holsters their pictures show good craftsmanship, and their prices are good. Have any of you ever carried two pistols in shoulder holsters? I'm not trying at my age to be tacticool, just trying to balance the load so to speak. Any suggestions, comments on Craft holsters,( appears to be made in Eastern Europe.) Replies from Malcolm that my emails are getting through The pistols I would carry are similar one a 4" the other a subcompact with a 3.5" barrel. Or 2 4" XD's
As I tell my kids there are always 2 reasons.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5446 Posts

Posted - April 24 2018 :  06:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BITD, I carried a double for a while, with a S&W 669 and a Ruger Speed Six. It was a cheap Uncle Mikes rig, but surprisingly comfortable for a nylon outfit. Comfotable, but got in the way when you had to wrassle somebody. Went back to a single rig when I replaced the hammer on the Ruger with a spurless hammer. Nylon doesn't secure the gun at all.
It would be a fine idea for those of us who don't go 'hands on' anymore--with a quality outfit. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Charlie Foxtrot

233 Posts

Posted - April 24 2018 :  07:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried a brace with a High Noon Under Taker. I called High Noon and told them I wanted to set up 2 holsters on a shoulder rig. They said the cheapest way to do it was to purchase the individual components and put the rig together myself. I did just that when they were having a sale. Excellent quality. Not my primary way to carry, but I wanted to try it, and it can be done comfortably. High Noon also makes an Under Armor shoulder rig which I do not recommend. It has a laminate coating that doesn’t last very long. High Noon gave me a full refund.

As a side note, I carried a secondary pistol in a horizontal Desantis shoulder rig, but the rivets kept popping on the swivel in the back. Good thing I had a spare holster with me every time it happened. And the Desantis leather did not hold up over time, either.

Edited by - Charlie Foxtrot on April 24 2018 07:49:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5272 Posts

Posted - April 24 2018 :  09:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While it’s not always the case that ‘you get what you pay for’— more expensive doesn’t always equal more better—if I were in your situation— where your ability to carry without further injuring yourself depends on finding a good shoulder holster, one that works good for you— I’d be inclined to start at the top, and work my way down; rather than the other way around.

Craft holsters look like a good bargain: but maybe not the best to be had?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on April 24 2018 09:10:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
732 Posts

Posted - April 24 2018 :  10:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Horizontal carry would eliminate it from my consideration.

Rick
Go to Top of Page

ironhead7544

USA
53 Posts

Posted - April 25 2018 :  07:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was bodyguarding, I used the shoulder rig. It acted as suspenders to hold up my pants. G17 under the left arm and a G26 on the right hip. Spare mags and flashlight to balance the load. The best I found was the Bianchi Viper. The harness had 4 expandable sections on the crosspiece and was wide enough to be comfortable. Sadly, no longer made.

Today, I would go with the Andrews Custom Leather Spring Rig. Sam could probably make you a custom harness that would be comfortable.

Edited by - ironhead7544 on April 25 2018 07:17:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

BatteryOaksBilly

USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  7:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Black Hills Leather in Texas made me a great double rig to carry 2 3 inch 65s. NOT cheapest! great quality and comfort.

Billy Bruton..Carry every step..Shoot every day!
Go to Top of Page

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2702 Posts

Posted - May 03 2018 :  07:48:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skeeter Skeleton used double rig for pair of Security Six’s or another for pair of Colt Commanders (might have been Speed Sixes & Lightweight Commanders been long time since read those articles).

Ken Null would do double shoulder rig for J frames, exchanged emails about ordering one back in early 2000s but needed up having to replace car instead of buying holster and matching j frames.
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9737 Posts

Posted - May 03 2018 :  08:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RLS

Horizontal carry would eliminate it from my consideration.

Rick

Me too - the potential for disaster is just too great.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

BatteryOaksBilly

USA
191 Posts

Posted - November 28 2018 :  4:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have several double rigs. Js Ks and Ns. NONE horizontal. Too scary for me too.

Billy Bruton..Carry every step..Shoot every day!
Go to Top of Page

WR Moore

USA
930 Posts

Posted - November 30 2018 :  2:09:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you considered suspenders to help out on the belt load?

Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures, there is a hole, an empty place and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen. Peggy Noonan

Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - December 01 2018 :  11:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WR Moore

Have you considered suspenders to help out on the belt load?

that's all I could wear prior to surgery, still recovering at least for the next 6 months before I can carry much of anything. My hope is that I can go back to IWB after I recover. Just looking at options before and now after surgery.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.15seconds. Snitz Forums 2000