Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Tikka T3X Tac A1 6.5 creedmoor
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Precision Battle Rifle
 Tikka T3X Tac A1 6.5 creedmoor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1677 Posts

Posted - April 12 2018 :  1:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have wanted the Tikka since it was announced, in 6.5 Creedmoor. I hesitated due to high price and a higher price for accessories and extras. I mean scope, scope mount, ammo, reloading dies, shells, bullets and powders. Well I put my big boy pants on and after selling a few pistols I ordered my rifle. I sighted it in yesterday with 120 and 147 grain Hornady Match factory ammo. I mounted a Steiner Military 5-25 x56mm on a Spuhr mount and got easily sub 1 MOA and several sub 1/4" groups as shooting progressed. I have some Lapua small primer brass and I going to develop some loads for it. It has a muzzle brake and side blast was nil and recoil non existent. I'm a happy camper, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

"War is sweet to those who do not know it."...Erasmus

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9681 Posts

Posted - April 14 2018 :  08:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats. I don't have a place where I need to shoot "way out past Fort Mudge" but I know some folks that do and they are impressed with the Tikkas.

I actually had a used one spotted at a good deal and when I went to pick it up there was an FN Police rifle next to it for $350 - slightly used.

I'm a sucker for that Model 70 action (though the stock - a rubber covered Hogue - stinks). I have not doubt it does not shoot as good as a Tikka but with work I did get it down around 1/2 minute - one of these days I'm going to bed the thing (but you have to strip out all the rubber first). I had an employee once that was retired from the State SRT and he had one which he made shoot sub 1/3 MOA, which is far better than I can see!

I have always been a fan of the 6.5s, but owning a bunch (from 6.5 Jap to .264 Win Mag) I don't really need to add another. That said the 6.5 Credmoor Hornady 140 Eld factory ammo cannot be beat, I'm told by someone who should know.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

Ben B.

672 Posts

Posted - April 15 2018 :  12:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Tikka T3 in .308 that is excellent. Great trigger, excellent accuracy, smooth bolt function, outstanding value.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." --Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1677 Posts

Posted - June 04 2018 :  2:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I tried some reloads in my Tikka 6.5CM . I used a recommended powder and bench rest cci primers. My best group out of 5 was .123" with 5 shots at 100 meters, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3300 Posts

Posted - June 04 2018 :  2:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Mike

Hi, I tried some reloads in my Tikka 6.5CM . I used a recommended powder and bench rest cci primers. My best group out of 5 was .123" with 5 shots at 100 meters, regards, Mike

That doesn't surprise me with a Tikka. They are a premium bolt gun.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

zeke
Average Member

273 Posts

Posted - June 05 2018 :  11:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am a fan of the newer style of rifles, and the 6.5 cm. That is one fine shooting gun. Can I ask how short you can adjust the LOP to?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1677 Posts

Posted - June 05 2018 :  12:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zeke

Am a fan of the newer style of rifles, and the 6.5 cm. That is one fine shooting gun. Can I ask how short you can adjust the LOP to?

Thanks

Hi Zeke, LOP is the standard 13 3/4 ". You can adjust the recoil pad and slide it up or down. It comes with a stack of extra spacers and you can change the pistol grip. I like the pistol grip as is and have not changed the LOP. It has a folding stock but locks open or closed solid. You have to close the stock to remove the bolt as my cheek riser is in the way. I hope this helps. My arms are not overly long and the standard LOP fits me fine. It's not perfect but the best precision rifle I've seen. Hope this help, regards, Mike

Go to Top of Page

zeke
Average Member

273 Posts

Posted - June 05 2018 :  6:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, sincerely appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: