Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Excellent Survival advice
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Survivors' Tips
 Excellent Survival advice
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5243 Posts

Posted - March 17 2018 :  11:15:14 AM  Show Profile
Veteran cop and LE trainer Jared Reston, talking to a group of cops on what it takes to prevail in an armed encounter. Amazing real-life testimony

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on March 17 2018 11:15:35 AM

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3396 Posts

Posted - March 17 2018 :  12:10:20 PM  Show Profile
I haven't read the article LB mentions. But I have met Jared Reston, and shot with him in an IDPA match. He did very well. He's also a very composed individual.

He was involved in an OIS in Jacksonville, FL, and took a .45 ACP FMJ round to his teeth at the start. He then took down his assailant. I would listen to him.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
434 Posts

Posted - March 17 2018 :  12:14:27 PM  Show Profile
I've seen that video and it is well worth your time. Reston truly had/has that never-quit drive.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5243 Posts

Posted - March 17 2018 :  12:42:38 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

I haven't read the article LB mentions. But I have met Jared Reston, and shot with him in an IDPA match. He did very well. He's also a very composed individual.

He was involved in an OIS in Jacksonville, FL, and took a .45 ACP FMJ round to his teeth at the start. He then took down his assailant. I would listen to him.

I wasn’t very clear in my OP, the link is to a Youtube video of a live presentation he gave.

Talking about that OIS in detail is the basis of his presentation. The composure he demonstrated in that incident— after having his jaw shattered, then being shot several more times— was nothing short of extraordinary.

The way we’d all hope to respond....

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Edited by - LittleBill on March 17 2018 1:19:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5243 Posts

Posted - March 17 2018 :  1:02:17 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dave in PA

I've seen that video and it is well worth your time. Reston truly had/has that never-quit drive.

Yeah, it was really unbelievable, the damage he sustained, yet kept on fighting.

His presentation includes pics and x-rays of his face taken in the ER right after he got there— the first shot that hit him shattered his jaw, turned it sideways in his mouth, blowing three of his teeth and a good deal of bone out of the exit wound in the side of his neck. The scumbag started walking away; then when he saw that Reston wasn’t dead, he turned and started walking back towards him, shooting as he came, hitting him in the ribs, the leg, and the butt.

By then Reston had pulled his own gun, and was shooting back, hitting the BG several times, but not slowing him down. When the BG got close enough, Reston reached up, grabbed his hoodie, pulled him close, and ended the fight with a contact shot to the head.

Truly a warrior spirit!

Edited by - LittleBill on March 17 2018 1:56:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
434 Posts

Posted - March 17 2018 :  9:43:40 PM  Show Profile
Hero and warrior are two words that are used too often and too casually. Reston is both.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5243 Posts

Posted - March 18 2018 :  01:32:41 AM  Show Profile
Yep.

IMHO, anyone who can listen to his testimony, and not feel their heart swell with pride and gratitude for America’s LEOs— needs to have their head examined.

Edited by - LittleBill on March 18 2018 01:32:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34384 Posts

Posted - March 18 2018 :  12:58:21 PM  Show Profile
LINKS MUST BE APPROVED

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic