Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - 26L
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 26L
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Russ Larges

USA
2375 Posts

Posted - January 18 2018 :  10:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wandering around on other forums I came across one that talked about this mod of the G19.
I had not seen it before, I have thought about shortening the 17 to take 19 mags, it seems, however, that we need a longer barreled 26 in our carry package. I myself have found that any grip shorter then the 19 is some what hard to control, I can see however the shorter grip would conceal better. I do like the 19 barrel over the 26 as it gives a longer sight plane and makes the recoil easier to control.
It seems that Glock has a different idea as they now have a 19 with a 17 grip, this seems to me backwards as the grip is harder to hide then the barrel. But who am I to question Glock perfection......
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5395 Posts

Posted - January 18 2018 :  10:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably because somebody in the Marketing Department thought they could sell it. Compact G19 with more rounds in the gun. Never mind it ceases to be compact anymore. Next they'll probably put a G26 slide and barrel on it and make it a G17 snubby. Because ... umm ... just because.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
742 Posts

Posted - January 18 2018 :  11:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colt did something similar, an Officer's Model slide on a larger frame. I believe it was called "Commanding Officer". The grip was full size, the barrel 3.5". I thought it odd at the time, bought it anyway, ended up trading it or selling it. I don't miss it, the blued one or the stainless one.

Rick
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5376 Posts

Posted - January 18 2018 :  11:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all about marketing & money. I'll stick with my Glock 17 & 19 in 9MM,and since I own a S&W Shield 9MM I don't need the Glock 26.
In .40, I'll stick with the Glock 22 & 23. I own a Glock 21SF I keep loaded and part of my "Out of sight but in my mind plan" when the wife & I are at home. I keep a few pistols stashed (Hidden) scattered thru the house in addition to what's on my person.

I can see many people with money burning holes in pockets going out buying the newest, latest guns on the market.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4566 Posts

Posted - January 18 2018 :  1:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Larges

Wandering around on other forums I came across one that talked about this mod of the G19.
I had not seen it before, I have thought about shortening the 17 to take 19 mags, it seems, however, that we need a longer barreled 26 in our carry package. I myself have found that any grip shorter then the 19 is some what hard to control, I can see however the shorter grip would conceal better. I do like the 19 barrel over the 26 as it gives a longer sight plane and makes the recoil easier to control.
It seems that Glock has a different idea as they now have a 19 with a 17 grip, this seems to me backwards as the grip is harder to hide then the barrel. But who am I to question Glock perfection......
Russ

G19X is what the Army spec'd during the MHS trials, I like it for more than just the longer grip

that being said, Glock spent money developing this thing, now they're going to put it on the civlian market and recoup some of their money

what will keep me from buying though is the cost.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9758 Posts

Posted - January 21 2018 :  12:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Larges

Russ

People come in all sizes and shapes but it is the rare person indeed who can get all their fingers on a 26/27.

The most common mod I have seen to those is to put one of those little finger extensions on the mag which to me is sort of curious, as they just made it as tall as a 19.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Advanced Member

USA
4076 Posts

Posted - January 21 2018 :  2:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I first ventured into Glockdom, with a purchase of my OG-26.(original) gen . Hated the short grip, but realized I could use aG-19 mag in it, with a (then)A&G adapter on the G19 mag. The more pronounced curve of the 26ís blackstrap (no swapping them out back then), fits both of my peasant hands quite well. So, the 26 went into its role of my primary EDC. Two plus decades later, Iíve added only fresh TFO fiber optic sights, and some rubberized grip enhancers.
Glocks are still some of the yougliest pistols out there, but, Iím too used to them now.

"The measure of a man's character, is how he treats someone who can do nothing for him." (unknown)
Go to Top of Page

RandyB45
Advanced Member

2418 Posts

Posted - January 13 2019 :  2:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently picked up a Gen 4 17 and hacked the grip down to 19 size. The angle at the mag well is a little different, so beware.

Since everyone I work with is running a 19, it allows mag interchange, while being a bit more concealable.
Go to Top of Page

ASCTLC

730 Posts

Posted - January 13 2019 :  3:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A G17 length barrel and slide with a G19 grip and I'd be so all over that thing! Not that I have any complaints about the G19 I have but a slightly longer barrel and sight radius would make it perfect (for me).
Go to Top of Page

USA
177 Posts

Posted - January 13 2019 :  11:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Russ

I am not a Glock fan club member, although I have owned 3-17's and 2-19's. I like the 19's overall length, but I prefer the 17's longer grip. The 19's grip is a wee bit shorter and has a different 'feel' to me.

So a 17-Grip on a 19 frame and length would satisfy me ... if I were to put a Glock back in my personal armament. I like a full-size 1911 Colt or other-maker twin, but when I was a working LEO I preferred to carry my Combat Commander. It was just a shorter length 1911 with the full-size grip. Just about perfect.

'840'

Yes, I, too, have my semi-autos, but folks need to credit the serious versatility of a good revolver with a serviceable load.
Go to Top of Page

Nanuk

USA
823 Posts

Posted - February 09 2019 :  6:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Nanuk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have owned all the Glock grip frames, except the newer ones. I only have full size Glocks now. All the other frames are to short for me. The 19X and 45 are good fits but why replace what I have that works?

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." Gen. George Patton
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1908 Posts

Posted - February 10 2019 :  1:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The G19X / G45 format with a full size grip frame (17) and a compact slide (19) has taken a lot of flak, but after shooting one, I think itís a better idea than some people think. It handles well and comes up on target very nicely.

The shortened slide will make the gun more comfortable for AIWB carry, and it will also be more comfortable for many uniformed officers, because the muzzle is more likely to clear the seat when sitting, and not shove the gun upwards. I think theyíll sell very nicely, and I wouldnít be surprised to see the G45 become a popular choice for Patrol.
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4566 Posts

Posted - February 10 2019 :  3:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the G19x was designed for the military

the RFP called for a compact and full sized handgun, or one handgun that met both requirements

I quess the G19x meets both

when Glock didn't get the contract they offered the G19x to the public, probably thinking they'd at least cover development cost

to my understanding it became one of their best sellers, they can't make them fast enough...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

J Wagner

209 Posts

Posted - February 12 2019 :  2:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RandyB45

I recently picked up a Gen 4 17 and hacked the grip down to 19 size. The angle at the mag well is a little different, so beware.

Since everyone I work with is running a 19, it allows mag interchange, while being a bit more concealable.

I just bought a LE trade-in G22 Gen4. Thinking about cutting the grip down to use G23 magazines, for the same reasons.
Go to Top of Page

BatteryOaksBilly

USA
202 Posts

Posted - February 23 2019 :  09:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 G26s that I use with G19 mags and mag sleeves. A short slide 19 so to speak. They carry nice.

Billy Bruton..Carry every step..Shoot every day!
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

878 Posts

Posted - February 25 2019 :  8:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My normal EDC is also a G26 with G19 mags and X-Grip mag sleeves. I couldn't agree more with Billy.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34426 Posts

Posted - February 25 2019 :  10:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In March of next year I'll have been carrying two guns daily for 50 years. Most often two full size guns-just dress around them . I want to go thru life being ignored by everybody.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Basket Case
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - February 27 2019 :  12:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

In March of next year I'll have been carrying two guns daily for 50 years. Most often two full size guns-just dress around them . I want to go thru life being ignored by everybody.

Thatís impressive. As Iíve gained weight as I get old and grumpy, itís become harder for me to do that. Mostly due to decreased comfort with the firearm digging into my 38Ē waist.

In the winter I may sometimes carry my G19 IWB or OWB with a jacket, and have a Kahr PM9 or a J-frame Snubby in a pocket. When Iím down to a T-shirt and shorts in warmer weather the G19 often goes and I only pocket carry. Although the J-frame or Kahr in a Kydex IWB isnít too bad, letting me pocket carry the other, the IWB carry still digs into my side.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.23seconds. Snitz Forums 2000