Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Mr. Heater questions
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 Mr. Heater questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - November 01 2017 :  10:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have finally decided to make a purchase I've been putting off for two years and get a Mr. Heater Big Buddy.

My questions are if any of you that own them, do you use the low pressure regulator or is it unnecessary? And, do you keep a spare filter in case of clogs?

I have a number of small propane tanks that I use to power my Coleman stove for camping and also have several 20 lb. tanks to either refill the small tanks or to power the Mr. Heater for longer outages.

Thanks for any help.

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - November 02 2017 :  5:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 of them. If you use the 1 pound cans nothing else is required. I also have a hose assembly for a 20 pound can. (Some government agency have dictated that a 20 pound can is unsafe inside.) I bought the hose assembly from Cabela's a few years back.

I have a friend that had a hunting cabin up here, and he used a big buddy to heat his cabin. It was approx. 15x20 guessing. One big buddy kept it comfortable for him. His girl friend said she was cold.

There are several videos on YouTube that shows how to refill the 1 pound cans using a 20 pound can.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Edited by - wolfgang2000 on November 04 2017 11:26:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - November 03 2017 :  07:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks wolfgang, I went to a local Tractor Supply store and got one. I'm going to get a battery powered CO detector to keep handy if we use the heater.
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

791 Posts

Posted - November 04 2017 :  11:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of Big Buddy heaters and I really like them. I use one in my deer blind with a 20# container.

Last winter my daughter had a power outage and used both of them. They did a great job keeping their house tolerable.

Mr Heater recommends using an inline filter that costs about $12 if you use a 20# tank. It filters out impurities that can come from the bigger tanks. I have one for each of my heaters.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.08seconds. Snitz Forums 2000