Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Shopping the M1 Carbine Market
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Precision Battle Rifle
 Shopping the M1 Carbine Market
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - September 30 2017 :  10:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, there was a lot of interest here in the M1 Carbine. I also noticed in conversations I've had that others are also interested in the Carbine. I've been watching various sites that advertise "collectable" and older firearms. The professional dealers are all high in the $1200-1500 range. The one place that's almost reasonable is the CMP forum for sale section. Most listings are North or South of the $1000 area. Over $1000 are slow sellers; under are better sellers. Commercial Carbines are cheaper but not popular at all. My opinion is unless your a collector $1000 is a lot of money. If you can find an old timer that wants to sell his Carbine, this is still your best bet. I love my Carbines and I think they are the perfect weapon especially for those that don't shoot much. But for $1000 I think better option may be available,... maybe an AR?... I did find that those "others...also interested in Carbines" aren't interested at all. When they are offered a Carbine they clam up and don't even ask the price, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

"War is sweet to those who do not know it."...Erasmus
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000