Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Remington 110 grain SJHP Std Velocity
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Wheelgun Chronicles
 Remington 110 grain SJHP Std Velocity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CW2 Ralph Long
Average Member

USA
362 Posts

Posted - September 27 2017 :  10:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CW2 Ralph Long's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a number of old Colt D Frames, a couple of them '50s era 4 inch Cobra's. I try to keep a few boxes of "serious social ammo" around for them. I have just about run out of the Fed. Nyclad 125 H.P. rounds and found the "new" 110 Hydra-Shoks, advertised at 990 f.p.s., actually averaged 950 f.p.s. and are iffy at best on expansion. So, I question spending $.90/round for them if old technology is about as good.

Has anyone had experience with or seen a test of the Remington 110 grain Std. Velocity SJHP (RTP38S16)round? It sells for about $.40/rd. It's advertised velocity is 950 f.p.s from a 4 inch revolver.

“If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed;
if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may
come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”

Winston Churchill

dawei

USA
182 Posts

Posted - October 02 2017 :  12:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as one Chief Warrant Officer to another, I recommend the Hornady® Critical Defense® 110gr FTX™, either the Standard Pressure (#90310) or +P (#90311) version. These loads are highly accurate in my S&W® BG38 Bodyguard™. Both versions did very well in the Luckygunner tests.

David

Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ.
2. American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine.
One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4given
Go to Top of Page

CW2 Ralph Long
Average Member

USA
362 Posts

Posted - October 04 2017 :  11:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CW2 Ralph Long's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dawei. I just tried out the standard velocity version Hornady. They chronographed at an average of 942 f.p.s. from my 4 inch Cobra. From the Lucky Gunner tests that should be plenty fast to get expansion.

“If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed;
if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may
come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”

Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000