Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Gone Fishing
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Gone Fishing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pop Pop

USA
662 Posts

Posted - August 09 2017 :  3:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went fishing yesterday, with 13 year old grandson, and he caught a largemouth bass which was approx. 25" long and weighed 7 1/2 pounds. Nice back to school present, he went back today. Biggest fish I ever watched being caught. I first thought he was hung up or had a large turtle, but when I seen it's back I knew it was big. He kept saying "Its a giant Poppa, It is a giant. He finally landed it and we took lots of pictures then turned it back. Someone else can catch it now.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on August 09 2017 6:14:22 PM

ajt

USA
207 Posts

Posted - August 09 2017 :  6:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Priceless! What a great memory this will be for both of you. I found myself smiling, picturing it happening as I read it. Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

791 Posts

Posted - August 10 2017 :  01:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great story Pops.

I can't think of too many things that I enjoy doing with my grandkids more than fishing. They have a ball if all they catch is a 6" perch.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
662 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  08:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We now plan 3 or 4 trips to water, per year now, so the grandkids can fish. These seem to be real fun outings for them. His 13 year old twin sister gets in on the action also, but does not enjoy fishing as much as he does. He will catch 30 to 40 bluegill every day we are at the lake. He has also gotten good at bass fishing. This fish was his best ever and he is still swelled with pride as his school buddies are still wanting to see the pictures of the fish. I don't think any of them has caught this big of a bass.

The twins are 13 now and we will have them for a couple more years, but when they get their driving age, they will find other interest. That will be all right with us, but "man" have they given us great things to do in our retirement.

We have spent several summers keeping them while they were out of school on summer break. Their first week out of school always is spent camping at Cordell Hull Lake with them bike riding, campfires,(pop corn and schmoors) and fishing. The boat dock, there, has the best Ice Cream I have tasted, and 2 PM is always ice cream time for all.

We have 6 grandchildren, ranging in age from 24 to 7, and enjoy them all. Just attended our 7 year old grand girl's birthday party last week, in Mount Pleasant S. Carolina. She is a trip.

Hope you guys are enjoying your grandchildren.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000