StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - DPD's most notorious gunfighter passes.
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Tactics
 DPD's most notorious gunfighter passes.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

33920 Posts

Posted - March 08 2017 :  2:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least of my generation. Jimmy fatally shot 24 armed felons. All his shooting were justified though the citizens of the precinct he was assigned to got up a petition to have him transferred.

I handled several of his shootings when I was at CSI and they were good shoots. Very low key and pleasant guy.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9209 Posts

Posted - March 08 2017 :  2:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

At least of my generation. Jimmy fatally shot 24 armed felons. All his shooting were justified though the citizens of the precinct he was assigned to got up a petition to have him transferred.

I handled several of his shootings when I was at CSI and they were good shoots. Very low key and pleasant guy.

The trouble with being one of the few is that there are fewer each day.

Godspeed!

Jim H.

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2657 Posts

Posted - March 08 2017 :  3:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May God Bless him!
There probably will not be another like him. In today's world if a PD officer shoots a felon, then every "Felon Advocacy" group will descend upon them... with a full TV camera crew behind them... and make their life miserable. Then the politicians & suits will step in to help the advocacy group tar & feather the officer.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1246 Posts

Posted - March 10 2017 :  02:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for his family, it is sad that we are living in a time when good is considered bad and bad is accepted as good. To those who are serving watch your six,and do what you have to do to come home every night.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

33920 Posts

Posted - March 10 2017 :  11:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, and there is many a tale to tell about him. Carried a 4" nickel Model 29 with Jordan Trooper grips.

He had a gift for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and got involved in a double fatal on very quiet Sunday morning when he and his partner decided they were going to get the two Sunday Detroit papers, some coffee, and donuts and park behind an abandoned building and stay out of trouble. They came across two armed rapists who had kidnapped a women and were actively assaulting the woman when he and his partner rolled up. Working CSI, I got rolled out about 20 minutes later.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Dave Williams
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - March 19 2017 :  05:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! 24 is the most i've heard of. Here in Ohio there was an Officer on a small town department, ~30 Officers, who'd been in 5 gunfights. They called him "the one man swat team". There was also a legendary Cleveland Officer, Jimmy Simone, who was in something around 12 gunfights. Per Larry Mudgett at my last class with him, there was an LAPD Officer who'd been in 50 field shootings.
Go to Top of Page

TimM

USA
913 Posts

Posted - March 20 2017 :  11:11:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The world has no idea what they would do without these type of people. The best to his family, and him.

Tim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000