Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 The Real World
 Gals & Guns
 Ladies Book Club going to the range

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Malcolm Posted - December 13 2012 : 2:44:12 PM
instead of chatting about which novel has the most "meaning". Adopted daughter came over last night and told me that he book club had decided to "go shooting" instead of discussing literature this month. She finally got around to wanting to know if she could "borrow" a hand gun, as she does not at present have one. I suggested meeting here at the range, so she could pick and choose from different pistols/revolvers to shoot, and she finally confided her probable embarrassment at "not being any good". I am excited that she has such gunned up friends, and she did say that SHE was the only "girl in the club" that did not have her own hand gun.
We shall see what transpires...this is a wholesale change as she has been very reluctant to even handle a hand gun at all.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Malcolm Posted - December 16 2012 : 11:49:59 AM
LB,
You are correct. Heading out for church shortly. I "know" she's going to be coming over this coming week to "raid" the safe, so I will have to see what can go own extended loan, until they get their own gear.
My wife's office has a number of women that have been asking her to help them get qualified for their CCW permit. Seems more and more women now, are truly FAR more interested in daily carry than most males are, in our neck of the woods.
LittleBill Posted - December 15 2012 : 7:27:28 PM
Or Jeff Cooper's excellent little book, Principles of Personal Defense

a book I like to give to folks just starting to think about this stuff

In any case, good for you Malcolm. I'm betting your adopted daughter has a gun of her own sooner than later.
Ace Posted - December 15 2012 : 7:06:56 PM
Subject of next Book Club meeting: Critique on Instruction Manuals for Glock, S&W, XD/XDm, Ruger.... Ace
wolfgang2000 Posted - December 14 2012 : 2:57:04 PM
Great stuff, I agree with GLV, Answer the knock.
DNSeely Posted - December 13 2012 : 4:20:59 PM
I know more ladies that carry than men. Most men I know own guns but don't carry. Many have convinced themselves that its to hard to get a permit or just have there heads in the sand. I think ladies take their security more seriously than men. YMMV.
Evan Posted - December 13 2012 : 4:01:32 PM
all four of my daughters-in-law were very uncomfortable around guns when they married our sons. They've come along way and now they've expressed a desire to get their ccw and carry.

I think women have greater spiritual sensitivity than most men and they see what is coming. The men around here seem almost girlish in their reaction to suggestions about owning and training with firearms.
GLV Posted - December 13 2012 : 3:56:26 PM
Opportunity Knocks------follow it. [:-))

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.05seconds. Snitz Forums 2000